The Asia Rainbow Ride is a cycling community in Taiwan that raises money for the LGBT services in Asia. Our flagship event is an annual multi-day bicycle tour around Taiwan in October which brings together a vibrant international group of cyclists. The leadership team is a diverse group originally from California, Singapore, Shanghai, Malaysia, and Taiwan. English is our team’s common working language, but we highly value and seek volunteers and interns with bilingual skills in Mandarin.
We welcome any volunteers who would like to work on projects related to the ASIA Rainbow Ride. We are particularly looking for:
- Cyclist leaders for monthly social ride
- Translators for English/Mandarin written translation
- Social media marketers
- Designers for apparel and print materials
- Website engineers who can help us build tools for fundraising
- Video production and editing for outreach videos
- Fundraisers who can help us expand our network in corporate sponsorships and governmental programs.
We’re looking for 1-3 individuals who are passionate about the LGBT community in Asia to intern with us.
ASIA Rainbow Ride interns will gain international non-profit experience in community organizing, event planning, sports marketing and partnership development. The internship position is based in Taipei and is supervised by Co-Founders Lisa Dazols and Olivia Wu.
- Time Commitment: The internship requires a part-time commitment of 10 hours per week.
- Internship Duration: Internships are a 10-week period (part-time) June-October 2021
- Stipend: A stipend is not available at this time. The ASIA Rainbow Ride is currently run by a volunteer staff. Stipends will be a consideration depending on the success of fundraising efforts made.
Interns will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience by working alongside the co-founders of our team on areas such as:
- Collaborating with international organizations in the US and Asia
- Collaborating with Taiwanese NGOs and beneficiaries
- Developing strategies for fundraising and corporate sponsorships
- Event planning for the yearly ride in October
- Planning marketing campaigns to recruit participants for 2021 ride in October
- Co-leading monthly social rides