Safety is a core value on the Asia Rainbow Ride. Your behavior will affect not only your safety but also the safety of those around you and the perceptions of the communities we ride through. All participants must understand and adhere to this Code of Conduct on training rides and on the event. Violation of any of these rules could jeopardize your participation in the Asia Rainbow Ride, the safety of your fellow participants, and the future of the event.
Please watch our safety video so that you feel prepared for our event. All of the regulations are also written below.
- Bicycles are vehicles under Taiwan law and you are subject to all the rules and regulations of that code. Obey all traffic laws, traffic signals and signs. Ride as far to the right as is safely possible. Ride defensively, predictably and stay alert. Assume car drivers cannot see you.
- Stop at all stop signs and stop lights without exception. You must make a full stop, ceasing all forward motion and placing one foot on the ground before proceeding.
- Wear your helmet at all times when on your bicycle.
- Ride single file and leave at least one bike length between you and the rider in front of you. No drafting. No pacelines.
- Communicate your intentions. Use verbal alerts to point out potential vehicle hazards. Use hand signals to indicate right turn, left turn, stopping or slowing. Alert others to potential hazards by pointing and/or calling out in a loud, outside voice.
- Look behind you before passing to make sure it is clear. Pass only when it is safe to do so and pass only on the left. When passing, call out loudly, “On your left!”
- Never wear headphones or ear buds while on your bike. The use of cell phones, iPods, mp3 players, radios, walkie talkies, handheld cameras or video cameras, or any other electronic device is prohibited while riding.
- Control your bicycle: keep at least one hand on the handlebars at all times.
- Asia Rainbow Ride is an endurance event. We do not encourage consuming alcohol as it can lead to medical emergencies when combined with exhaustion. Please refrain from drinking.
- Eat before you feel hungry and drink before you feel thirsty.
- Emergency Procedures: If an accident occurs requiring emergency medical services, call 119 immediately and direct traffic around the scene. Get the rider’s name and wait for emergency personnel to arrive. Do not move an injured person if they are unable to move themselves. Notify a team member from the Asia Rainbow Ride.
- Be courteous and respectful of others. We are a diverse community. Please be thoughtful in your conduct and choices, and sensitive to the feelings of your fellow participants.
Violation of any of the rules stated in the above Code of Conduct could result in one or more of the following: Verbal Warning, Written Warning, Suspension for one day, Expulsion from the event.