Asia Rainbow Ride 2022
The ASIA Rainbow Ride will take place this October 21st- 23rd, 2022 during Taiwan’s Pride month. The trip is a fully supported three-day, two-night cycling event through the northern coast of Taiwan.
This is a ride, not a race. We’ll bike a total of 229 kilometers over the three days.
We partner with Taiwan Bike Tour, a professional bike tour company for our logistics. About 50% of the cycling will be alongside cars on the road, and 50% will be on designated bike paths. There will be cycling instructors guiding traffic and leading the route. There will be rest stops and a lunch stop over the duration of the day.
There is a pace for every rider. Whether you are a seasoned cyclist or a beginner, there is something for everyone. We will have support vans in case anyone needs to be transported to the hotel. Bike mechanics, as well as medical personal, will travel in our group to ensure everyone’s safety.
On Day 1, (October 21st) we’ll meet in front of the Red House in Taipei in the morning for our Opening Ceremonies. A bus will transport our suitcases to Yilan. We will then ride our bikes from Red House to Yilan for our first night and stay at the Maison de Chine resort in Jiaoxi. There will be hot springs at the hotel. We’ll have a film screening of China PK Queen with a Q&A with the filmmaker that evening after dinner.
On Day 3 (October 23rd) we will have a morning chi gong/meditation on the beach. We will then bike from Fulong back to the Ximen for a Closing Celebration party at Mudan Bar with a fabulous Drag Show of Taiwan’s best talent. Please invite family and friends to welcome you home and celebrate.
If you are coming with friends or family, you can indicate your roommate for the two nights. If you are coming on your own, we will try our best to pair you with another participant of your same gender to share a hotel room. If you prefer to have your own hotel room, this can be arranged for an additional cost.
The first night we will all stay at the 4 star hotel Maison de Chine hotel in Jiaoxi. This hotel has a hot spring in each room. Jiaoxi is well-known for its therapeutic hot springs. There is also a rooftop pool.
Our second night we will stay at the 5 star Fullon Hotel right on the beach! This hotel has a luxurious sauna available to participants. Enjoy the sunset and the ocean breeze of Taiwan.
The cost includes professional cycling guides, van support throughout the ride, hotel room with a roommate, meals, snacks, and travel liability insurance in case of an accident. In addition, your fees cover Rainbow Ride programming and donation to our three NGO beneficiaries. Participants will receive a t-shirt, hat, and water bottle.
- Registration for “early bird special” from June 1-July 31st fee is 15,000 NT.
- Registration from August 1- Sept 20th is 15,500 NT.
ADDITIONAL COST IF NEEDED
- Additional cost of 1200 NT if you need to rent a standard bike from us. Bike rentals include a helmet.
- Additional cost of 4500 NT to rent an eBike from us. Bike rentals include a helmet.
- Additional cost of 5900 NT if you would like a hotel room without a roommate.
- As part of the base cost, there is a 1000NT donation to our NGOs the Taiwan Equality Campaign, Taiwan AIDS Foundation, and Taiwan Tongzhi Hotline Association. This will not be returned in case of cancellation.
- This event will be held rain or shine. In case of heavy showers, the bike tour company will transport us to a rest stop or hotel. Please bring rain gear.
- If you cancel before 9/10, you will be refunded 11,875 NT of base cost.
- If you cancel before 9/20, you will be refunded 11,250 NT of base cost.
- If you cancel before 9/30, you will be refunded 10,000 NT of base cost.
- If you cancel before 10/19, you will be refunded 8,750 NT of base cost.
- If you cancel before 10/20, you will be refunded 6250 NT of base cost.
- If you cancel or no show on the day of event, you will not receive a refund for base cost, bike rental, or hotel upgrade.
- If you cancel in advance of event, bike rental will be refunded in full.
- If you cancel in advance of event, hotel upgrade refund will be based on percentage set by tourism bureau.
1. Email [email protected]
2. Phone (02)2517-9933 for Windy or Jakee
*Please provide an image of the cover of your bank booklet. It will take about 1 week to process your refund.
The Asia Rainbow Ride wants to ensure a safe ride both on and off the bike for all. We will be following the guidance of the department of health to create the safest event possible. If the government requires vaccinations, testing, or masks for events of our size, we will notify participants in advance.
In the event of COVID-19 illness:
- Before the event: If you need to cancel before the event due to illness, please see our cancellation policy.
- During the event: If a participant received a positive COVID-19 diagnosis during the ride, they will be required to leave the ride. Any close contacts such as a roommate will need to be tested.