Asia Rainbow Ride 2023
The ASIA Rainbow Ride will take place this October 20th~22nd, 2023 during Taiwan’s Pride month. The trip is a fully supported three-day, two-night cycling event through the northwest coast of Taiwan.
This is a ride, not a race. We’ll bike a total of 206 kilometers over the three days.
We partner with Taiwan Bike Tour, a professional bike tour company for our logistics. About 50% of the cycling will be alongside cars on the road, and 50% will be on designated bike paths. There will be cycling instructors guiding traffic and leading the route. There will be rest stops and a lunch stop over the duration of the day.
There is a pace for every rider. Whether you are a seasoned cyclist or a beginner, there is something for everyone. We will have support vans in case anyone needs to be transported to the hotel. Bike mechanics, as well as medical personnel, will travel in our group to ensure everyone’s safety.
Date: October 20th-22nd, 2023
Meeting Time: October 20th, 2023 9:00 AM
Meeting Point: The Red House (Near Ximen MRT Station Exit 1) *If you rent a bike from us, it will be delivered to the starting point.
Day 1: 65km, 152M Elevation, Ximen-Guandu-Bali-Zhuwei-Dayuan
Day 2: 68km, 162M Elevation, Dayuan-Guanyin-Xinwu-Lunpi-Dayuan
Day 3: 73km, 515M Elevation, Dayuan-Luzhu-Guishan-Shulin-Ximen
Hotel: Sheraton Taoyuan Hotel (Nights 1 and 2)
If you are coming with friends or family, you can indicate your roommate for the two nights. If you are coming on your own, we will try our best to pair you with another participant of your same gender to share a hotel room. If you prefer to have your own hotel room, this can be arranged for an additional cost.
The cost includes professional cycling guides, van support throughout the ride, hotel room with a roommate, meals, snacks, and travel liability insurance in case of an accident. In addition, your fees cover Rainbow Ride programming and donation. Participants will receive a t-shirt, hat, and water bottle.
- Base cost is 16,000NT
ADDITIONAL COST IF NEEDED
- Additional cost of 1,500 NT if you need to rent a standard bike from us. Bike rentals include a helmet. Standard bikes are 27-speed road bikes of either Giant or Merida.
- Additional cost of 4,500 NT to rent an eBike from us. Bike rentals include a helmet. Dosun e-Bike, Giant e-bike or same grade e-bike. Bike tour company will assist with recharging if you are renting an eBike.
- Additional cost of 4,400 NT if you would like a hotel room without a roommate. If you are coming with family or friends, you can indicate one roommate for the two nights. If you are coming on your own, we will try our best to pair you with another participant of your same gender to share a hotel room. If you prefer to have your own solo hotel room, this is the additional cost.
This event will be held rain or shine. In case of heavy showers, the bike tour company will transport us to a rest stop or hotel. Please bring rain gear.
Base cost and solo room accommodation:
- If you cancel before 8/31, you will be refunded 14,000 NT of base cost.
- If you cancel between 9/1~9/30, you will be refunded 8,000 NT of base cost.
- If you cancel between 10/1-10/17, you will be refunded 2,000 NT of base cost.
- If you cancel on and after 10/18, there is no refund.
- If you cancel before 9/30, bike rental will be refunded in full.
The Asia Rainbow Ride wants to ensure a safe ride both on and off the bike for all. We will be following the guidance of the department of health to create the safest event possible. If the government requires vaccinations, testing, or masks for events of our size, we will notify participants in advance.
In the event of COVID-19 illness:
- Before the event: If you need to cancel before the event due to illness, please see our cancellation policy.
- During the event: If a participant received a positive COVID-19 diagnosis during the ride, they will be required to leave the ride. Any close contacts such as a roommate will need to be tested.
In the event of rain, the event will proceed as scheduled. In the case of typhoon warnings or other unforeseeable natural disasters on land or at sea, for the safety of participants, the organizers reserve the right to cancel, postpone, or modify the event route.
If the event must be canceled due to force majeure circumstances (including but not limited to earthquakes, landslides, wars, major civil unrest, highly contagious diseases, government mandates, or emergencies), the following terms shall apply:
According to the regulations issued by the relevant authorities, large public events (such as this event) may be forcibly interrupted or indefinitely suspended due to government emergency orders. In the event of cancellation due to force majeure circumstances, the organizers will continue to fulfill their commitment regarding event merchandise (including ticket packages, additional purchases, and supplies) production and delivery. The delivery method and schedule may be flexibly adjusted at the discretion of the organizers. However, as event supplies and experiences are sold as a bundled package and cannot be priced separately, in the event of cancellation due to force majeure circumstances, the organizers will not provide full refunds to consumers before the completion of event related production.
If unforeseen circumstances occur during the event, including but not limited to typhoons, earthquakes, heavy rain, accidents compromising public safety, venue damage, or government emergency orders, the organizers, prioritizing the personal safety of participants, may choose to delay or terminate the event as deemed necessary. In such cases, the organizers will not provide full or partial refunds to consumers for any disruptions that may occur during the event.